Link to site

Please enjoy my blog posts below, or CLICK HERE to go to the new Laurel Acupuncture Clinic website. Thank you!

Welcome

Welcome to the website for Jim Chialtas, L.Ac., and Laurel Acupuncture Clinic of Functional Medicine, located in San Diego.

Click on the tabs above to learn more about what Functional Medicine is, and about many of the health concerns I specialize in. Or scroll down for my blog. You might find it helpful to use the labels in the lower right column to find topics that interest you.

In addition to seeing clients privately in my clinic, I also offer many of the same services remotely to US residents. Please feel free to contact me to set up a consultation or appointment. Thank you!

1/5/13

Delicious Gluten Free Pancakes

Hi!  This is Debbie, Jim's wife.  Since Jim learned he has Celiac Disease we have been experimenting with wheat flour substitutes, especially for breakfast.  We LOVE Pamela's Biscuit Mix but it's quite expensive and I have always loved my scratch yogurt pancake recipe.  Recently we have found that rice flour is really versatile and can be a great wheat flour replacement!  So here's our pancake recipe that we all love and would never hesitate to serve any of our wheat loving friends.  I appreciate the use of yogurt which adds a good dose of protein.


Delicious Gluten Free Pancakes
(The original recipe, using wheat flour, is from The Big Book of Recipes for Babies, Toddlers, and Children by Bridget Wardley and Judy More)

1 egg
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (or whatever oil you like)
1 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix the liquid ingredients, then stir in the flour and baking soda.  Cook in a griddle or pan as usual for pancakes.

Serves 2 or can be easily doubled. The above platter shows all the pancakes I made from a single batch. I love having leftovers and popping them in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast or snack.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment